Click to download : Inyati Self Drive Directions JHB
Three fly in options to Inyati Game Lodge:
1. Airlink to Skukuza (SZK) Kruger National Park airport ex OR Tambo International Johannesburg (JNB). (50 minute flight time). http://flyairlink.com
Lodge link flights available TO/FROM Ulusaba lodge strip (ULX) ex SZK or MQP: servicing Ulusaba Lodge, Leadwood and Exeter, Inyati Game Lodge, Leopard Hills, Dulini and Savanna.
Ground/road transfers via Mfafa safaris to Inyati roughly one and half hours. **Gate fees applicable at both Paul Kruger Gate (Kruger National Park) and * Newington Gate (Sabi Sand Wildtuin)
Avis car hire is available at Skukuza http://skukuzaairport.com
2. Airlink or SA Express to KMIA/Nelspruit: Kruger Mpumalanga International airport (MQP) ex OR Tambo International (JNB). 50 minute flight time. Ground transfer via Mfafa safaris to Inyati roughly two hours. *Gate fees at Newington Gate (Sabi Sand Wildtuin) applicable.
3. Federal Air ex OR Tambo JNB. One hour flight time, land at Ulusaba runway (ULX), Inyati will transfer guests from the runway to the lodge (10 minute drive) at no additional cost. Ulusaba passenger tax applicable of R220 per person (arrival and departure).
Click here to download: Inyati Road Transfer Rates 2016
Click here to download: Inyati AIR Transfer Rates 2016
*There is an entrance fee of R 250 per vehicle and an additional R 110 per occupant is payable (including aircraft passengers) on entering the Newington Gate, Sabi Sand Wildtuin.
**Kruger National Park conservation fees are applicable to all arrivals/departures to/from Skukuza Airport (SZK). Charged at the Paul Kruger gate : R 70.00 per vehicle entry/exit into Kruger National Park per transfer & R70.00 per person entry/exit into Kruger National Park per transfer
Newington Gate’s GPS co-ordinates: -24.869127° S 31.404467° E’
• Recommended route from Johannesburg. Please note that the drive will take approximately 5½ / 6 hours (± 550km)
• From Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport take the R21 in the direction of Boksburg / East Rand. Then take the N12 towards eMalahleni (Witbank). This road becomes the N4 toll road to Nelspruit.
• Follow the N4 highway past Middleburg (Toll Plaza), eMakhazeni (Belfast) & Machadodorp (Toll Plaza). Follow the Schoemanskloof option on the N4 towards Nelspruit / Mbombela.
• Head east on N4 Nelspruit Northern Bypass. Slight left 270m then turn right toward R37. Go through one roundabout (1.1 km). At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto R37 (800m)
• Turn left onto Madiba Street 1.9 km and continue onto Provincial P9/2 Rd/R40 continue to follow the R40.
• Enter White River, along Chief Mgiyeni Khumalo drive, at the traffic light (Express Stores on your right ) turn left onto Theo Kleynhans Street (sign White River Country Estates) green sign – R40 Hazyview /R538 Numbi Gate and continue to follow R40 Hazyview. At the roundabout follow the R40 Phalaborwa
• Hazyview is about 50km from White River. As you approach Hazyview there is a T-Junction.
• Turn left at this junction following R40 . This road will take you into Hazyview Town.
• Carry on straight through the first set of traffic lights. At the intersection with the second set of traffic lights, there will be a signpost that reads Paul Kruger Gate.
• At this signpost, turn Right. (If you reach the Paul Kruger gate however, you have traveled too far on this road).
• This road is the R536. After approximately 32km there are brown signposts for Newington Gate on the left hand side of the road.
• After approximately 34kms, there are signposts for Savanna Private Game Reserve and Newington Gate Sabi Sands Game Reserve on the left hand side of the road. There will be a green road sign indicating “Huntington Lilydale & Justicia” left & Skukuza straight.
• Turn left and follow the gravel road for 9km until you find the next Newington Gate sign.
• Turn right and follow the road for another 3km to Newington Gate, which is where you will enter the Sabi Sand Reserve. From the Newington Gate follow all signposts to Inyati.
• For all visitors, an entrance fee is payable of R50 per person to enter the Sabi Sand Wildtuin, which is payable at the gate. Self-drive visitors must ALSO pay a R190 per vehicle entrance fee, at the gate.
• Credit card (Visa & MasterCard) and debit card facilities are now available at Newington gate.
• Please retain your receipt as proof of entrance and have it stamped at the lodge reception when you are leaving, which acts as your Exit Permit. Once inside the gate, follow the signs to the lodge through the reserve.
• The Gates open at 05h00 / 06h00 and close at 22h00 / 23h00. Please note that these times are subject to change. The Sabi Sand Reserve is a protected reserve and therefore access is restricted – hence the gate opening and closing times.
Should you require assistance, please contact the lodge on + 27 (0) 13 735 5125 / + 27 (0) 13 735 5381 or All hours: +27 (0) 82 807 9153
Click to download : Inyati Self Drive Directions JHB
There is an entrance fee of R 250 per vehicle and an additional R 110 per occupant is payable (including aircraft passengers) on entering the Newington Gate, Sabi Sand Wildtuin. The Gates open at 05h00 / 06h00 and close at 22h00 / 23h00.
South African National Parks (SANParks) conservation fees are applicable to all arrivals to Skukuza Airport. (Paul Kruger gate) R 70 per vehicle entry into Kruger National Park per transfer & R70 per person entry into Kruger National Park per transfer. The Kruger gates 05h30/06h00 and close 18h30/17h30
City to bush Lodge Link Network Programme
Airlink the Regional Feeder Airline connects travellers from Johannesburg and Cape Town to Skukuza Airport gateway to the Kruger National Park, the SANParks concessions lodges within the Kruger National Park, and the world renowned private game lodges of Sabi Sand. After your safari experience, take a short air transfer from the key lodge air strips to Skukuza Airport or Nelspruit Kruger allowing you to connect to points beyond on Airlink’s domestic and regional flights. You have the freedom to discover Cape Town, Durban, Livingstone (Zambia) or Vilanculos (Mozambique) and more.
The most convenient mode of travel to the Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve from Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport is by making use of a shuttle flight. Federal Air services most individual lodges and airstrips in the reserve from both Johannesburg and Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport. Below you can find more information about Fedair’s services.